Registration Policies *UPDATED APRIL 2023*
PLEASE READ THROUGH EVERY TAB AND THE FAQ - YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED ON THIS PAGE. THANK YOU.
A minimum deposit of $150 per athlete must be made AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION in order to confirm each athlete's registration.
If you are applying for financial assistance, please register your child as usual and select the installments option in order to complete your registration. All registrants must pay the deposit, regardless of incoming subsidy arrangements. If funds are received, the value will be credited to your account, thereby reducing your amount owing.
PAY OFFLINE IS NO LONGER OFFERED.
As per Section 2.7.7 in the Policy Manual, every child that registers is placed on a waiting list. Each is then removed in the order of registration as teams are formed. Therefore, it is important that you register and pay the $150 deposit to confirm your registration. Please see the cancellation page for details on your exposure.
2.7.7. Waiting List: A waiting list of prospective athletes will be maintained each year by the Registrar. The names shall be recorded by order in which they are received for various divisions.
22.214.171.124. Athletes shall be taken from the list in the order in which they are received. Children of approved Head Coaches (in the division that the coach is in) and goalies needed to fill team rosters will be given priority. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis by the Board of Directors.
The following schedule applies, upon receipt of the online form:
- Up to and including Aug 29 – 100% refund of Base Registration Fee, less $50 Administration Fee
- Aug 30-Oct 14 – 75% refund of Base Registration Fee, less $50 Administration Fee
- Oct 15-Nov 14 – 50% refund of Base Registration Fee, less $50 Administration Fee
- On Nov 15th or later – NO REFUND – exceptional circumstances may be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
AS OF NOVEMBER 15TH, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS AVAILABLE.
Please note the A Evaluation Policy remains in place (no refunds < 15 days from start of evaluations).
** INSTALLMENTS MUST BE CHOSEN AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, THEY CANNOT BE INITIATED ONCE CHECKOUT IS COMPLETE **
If paying by installments, payments will be accepted by credit card through the TeamSnap registration process. Processing fees will be added to the registration (they are the same as if you paid in full). After the initial $150 deposit per athlete is made, remaining installments will be distributed over six monthly payments from July until December. Families may choose to pay in installments by credit card at the time of registration, or payment in full.
If you do not have a credit card, please contact the registrar.
- ANY OUTSTANDING PREVIOUS SEASON BALANCES must be paid before your athlete is permitted to register for the upcoming season. Registrations received for athletes with outstanding balances from preceding seasons will be deleted -without notice - if previous balance is not cleared within 48 hours.
- ALL CURRENT SEASON REGISTRATIONS MUST BE PAID IN FULL, OR ON A TEAMSNAP INSTALLMENT PLAN before your athlete will be permitted on the ice.
- NO CHEQUE, E-TRANSFER OR CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED.
- "PAY OFFLINE" IS NO LONGER OFFERED.
Any outstanding balances remaining after September 1st* will be assessed an additional $25/month late payment fee unless:
(1) a TeamSnap credit card payment plan is in place, or
(2) a previously established payment plan is in place with the Treasurer and Registrar.
*U21 registration fee deadline is September 30th. Late fees for U21 registration apply after October 1st.
Late payment fees will also be assessed for the following:
(1) Members on an installment plan for registration fees will be charged a $25 late payment fee per month per athlete for any errors in credit card payments that are not corrected within 72 hours.
(2) Members on an installment plan for 'A' Athlete fees will be charged a $25 late payment fee per month per athlete for any errors in credit card payments that are not corrected within 72 hours.
RMMHA believes strongly in supporting our local athlete’s pursuit of playing the game of hockey and reducing barriers for participation. RMMHA has a financial support program whereby families that experience financial barriers can apply for help in registration fees. To learn more about these programs, please visit our Financial Assistance page. Please ensure that the Registrar is copied on all requests.
As of May 1, 2023 (new policy approved March 2023):
- "Recurrently delinquent" is defined as: at least three separate correspondences requesting the family to clear their balances owing in the preceding two seasons.
- Athlete accounts in this classification will be required to pay 'A' Athlete fees (if applicable) in full upon receipt of invoice. Installment plans will not be available.
- Failure to pay any applicable 'A' Athlete fees in full within 48 hours of receipt will result in the immediate removal of the athlete from on-ice activities.
The Provisional Registration fee is ANNUAL and NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Athletes who have paid this fee in the past are NOT exempt.
- ONLY athletes in the U15 or U18 divisions will be able to register this way
- Unsanctioned league tryouts DO NOT qualify for a Provisional registration.
126.96.36.199. Each season any athlete attending Zone program, Junior or other similar Hockey Canada Sanctioned tryouts and are wishing to hold their spot for the upcoming seasons registration must be registered prior to July 1st and pay a $50 non-refundable provisional hold fee per season.
For every season an Athlete pays the provisional fee, they are required to pay the RMMHA 'A' evaluation fees in full. If the athlete returns to RMMHA, the remaining registration fees must be paid immediately and their $50 provisional hold fee will be credited towards their registration fees.
Athletes are required to communicate schedules and any status changes.
If the Athlete remains at the higher level past January 10th of the current season and they did not attend any of the A evaluation ice times, they will be refunded their 'A' evaluation fee.
Training Camp was formerly referred to as 'A' Evaluations (rep tryouts).
$250 until Aug 1st, $300 until tryout commencement
Training Camp Refunds:
- 15 days or more prior to start of division's Training Camp - 100%
- 14 days or less prior to evaluations starting - 0%
- Exceptional circumstances which may be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
Please contact the VP of 'A' Hockey if you are unsure about registering for Training Camp. The 'A' Program is not mandatory.
For families with 3 or more children registered, we offer ½ price registration for the 3rd+ athlete. This only applies to the lowest registration rate of the base registration fees (not evaluation fees). The deposit of $150 per athlete is still required at the time of registration, and the adjustment will be applied to the balance of your payment.
If you are registering three or more children, contact the Registrar to receive a discount code to use during the registration process. You must register all participants on the same registration session.
Please review Section 3.10 of the Policy Manual to review changes regarding payment and refund changes.
3.10. Pandemic Exceptions – should the World Health Organization declare a pandemic and/or Local Government, Hockey Canada, BC Hockey or PCAHA request changes to the season format, the following will come into effect:
3.10.1. Priority Registration Dates, Early Bird Rates and Payment Plan timelines all may be adjusted with approval of the Board of Directors
3.10.2. Minimum payment dates (section 3.4) may be extended by the Board of Directors. Full payment is due by July 15 (or such date as determined by the board), or payment plan in TeamSnap must be in place.
3.10.3. Should our governing body (BC Hockey, PCAHA) declare a pause of the hockey season, the board may approve an enhanced refund schedule that takes into account already completed current season operating expenditures.
Hockey Canada requires that residency has been confirmed annually as there are geographical boundaries that determine which association is your home association, and within a year’s time, families move into new homes sometimes outside of those boundaries. Only residents of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows are permitted by the set geographical boundaries to register with RMMHA. In order to ensure we comply with this requirement, residency documentation must be provided to check for any changes in your athlete’s primary residence from year to year.
For the 2023-24 season, residency documents will be checked in person at your athlete’s first evaluation session. Athletes who cannot prove residency will not be permitted on the ice.
For proofs of residency, please provide three of the following:
BC DL or BC ID AND;
Car Insurance AND;
Property Tax Bill
Full rental agreement
GST statement, income tax assessment, child tax credit
- All proofs of address must be no older than 2 months. Bills must show the entire full page bill, including name and address.
- We cannot accept telephone/cellular bills, bank or credit card statements as acceptable proofs of address.
- Car insurance plus Driver’s Licence is considered to be ONE proof.
🌟🌟 U6 athletes do not have to bring proofs to their first check-in as they have been checked for this season already during pre-registration. 🌟🌟
There will be NO Special Time, rink, friend or coach Requests accepted (including the U6-U9 levels) as it works against the PCAHA-mandated Team Balancing.
Note that RMMHA considers both Maple Ridge Planet Ice & Pitt Meadows Arena as their home rinks.