NEW IN 2021-22: IN ORDER TO FIND YOUR HOCKEY ID, YOU MUST CREATE A NEW HOCKEY CANADA ACCOUNT WITH SPORDLE (HCR 3.0). Please follow this >>>LINK<<<
REGISTRATION FAQ 2021-22 SEASON
I WOULD LIKE TO PAY BY INSTALLMENTS. HOW DO I DO THAT?
To pay by credit card installments within TS, you must choose slide the installments slider to "ON" (green), otherwise the system defaults to payment in full. The system will then charge you $150 automatically for the deposit, and then spread the balance out over 6 more payments.
I WANT TO USE PLAYPAY. HOW DO I DO THAT?
If you want to use Playpay, you must choose the "pay offline" option next to "pay with card" option. This will bypass the automatic $150 deposit charged by TS.
NOTE: installments are NOT permitted when opting for Playpay. You must make the $150 deposit immediately upon completing registration, and the balance in another second payment, OR the entire balance. Please do not make multiple payments in Playpay; it is very time-consuming accounting-wise to record. Accounts that have not made the $150 deposit within 14 days of registering may have their registrations cancelled.
WHAT SHOULD I HAVE ON HAND BEFORE I START THE REGISTRATION PROCESS?
- Your Hockey ID Number. This page will help you find it. You will need to create a new HC account for HCR 3.0.
- New Athletes (including all U6 athletes): you have additional documentation to complete. Ensure you have visited this page before trying to register.
- Transferring Athletes: you have additional documentation to complete. Ensure you have visited this page before trying to register.
- If you have 3+ children registering, you have your discount code from the Registrar (see exceptions below).
- If your child is trying out for an elite / female program outside of RMMHA AND you have already paid the Provisional Fee, you have your discount code from the Registrar.
- If your child is trying out for an elite / female program outside of RMMHA, you have your Fee Waiver Code(s).
- Your residency documents in digital format (PDF, jpg). This is only uploaded per registration NOT per athlete. You must submit two:
- ONE of either the PARENT'S * Drivers’ License OR BC ID PLUS;
- ONE of either Utility bill, property tax notice, rental agreement, gas/cable/hydro bill, car insurance.
- Passports, landline/cell phone bills, and bank/credit card statements are NOT accepted.
- Medical Form completed for each athlete and PDF’s ready to upload.
* If you are an adult athlete (19+), use your own ID.
WHY DO I NEED TO SUBMIT RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS?
Hockey Canada requires that residency has been confirmed annually as there are geographical boundaries that determine which association is your home association. In order to ensure we comply with this requirement, residency documentation must be provided. All documents are kept private, secure, and are destroyed at the end of each season. This documentation is required and the registration will not proceed until it has been uploaded. See checklist for accepted documents. In order to be eligible to play for RMMHA, your child MUST reside in either Pitt Meadows or Maple Ridge.
WHAT IS THIS NEW MEDICAL FORM? WHAT HAPPENED TO EPACT?
The Board of Directors has chosen to streamline the medical form process within the registration form (instead of a separate process for ePACT). Submitting the medical form with registration means that Division Managers and the Evaluation Teams will have this information in the event of emergency during ‘A’, ‘C’ or ‘H’ evaluations before teams have been formed. This form will also move with your athlete’s profile - when they are rostered to a team, the form will follow for the team’s admin to access in case of emergency. This form is required for each athlete and the registration will not proceed until it has been uploaded.
- The link can be clicked directly from the instructions area in the Forms section of the registration form. It will open a new window.
- When you complete the form, you can either download the PDF from the “thank you for submitting” screen (be patient while it downloads - can take a few seconds) OR download a copy of the PDF from the submission confirmation email you will receive.
- Upload this PDF to the TS registration under Medical Form.
- Remember to click “DONE” on the right side of the form.
- The form must be completed for EACH athlete.
- You can fill out this form any time and upload the PDF to the registration. Click this link.
WE DIDN'T HAVE TO SUBMIT JERSEY DEPOSITS LAST YEAR. WHY THE CHANGE?
Over the years, we have found that the best way to ensure jerseys are returned in good condition is to require a deposit.
Deposits will be collected at your first evaluation check-in (A, C or H).
This deposit will be filed and stored securely until the end of the season when the inventory is completed and all jerseys have been checked for damage or recorded as missing.
If your jerseys are deemed to be in good condition, your deposit cheque will be destroyed.
Cheques to be made out to RMMHA with the following information:
- Amount: $200
- Dated: April 1, 2022 (cheques not dated correctly will be returned for correction)
- FULL name of athlete in the "memo" line.
*** Please DO NOT mail your cheques in. ***
I HAVE 3 (OR MORE) KIDS REGISTERING, HOW DO I GET THE DISCOUNT?
Before initiating the registration process on TeamSnap, contact the Registrar for a UNIQUE discount code you will enter once per registration, in the discount code cell of the athlete with the LOWEST fees. Each code provided to families is unique, and the code can only be applied to one athlete. Choose the “3+ Child Discount Request” subject in the contact form to get a code.
🌟EXCEPTION: If any of the athletes are trying out for an elite program, this code will not be provided unless the athlete(s) trying out for the elite program is released back to RMMHA for the season. Registration fees owing, and 3+ discounts, will be calculated at that time.
MY CHILD DID NOT PLAY WITH RMMHA LAST YEAR. WHEN CAN THEY REGISTER THIS YEAR?
If your child played with RMMHA in the 2019-20 season, you may register as a returning player on June 1.
NOTE: this is a temporary amendment to existing policy, as an exception due to Covid-19. Existing policy will revert prior to the 2022-23 season. While athletes who were registered with RMMHA in 2019-20, but did not register with RMMHA in 2020-21, are permitted to register as a returning athlete in the priority registration period of June 1-30 for the 2021-22 season, RMMHA reserves the right to note the order in which these athletes registered in the event of a waitlist, so that we can accept registrations based on available space in an orderly fashion, if necessary. No registrations will be confirmed until after July 31.
MY CHILD IS TRYING OUT FOR AN ELITE PROGRAM / FEMALE PROGRAM *. DO I NEED TO REGISTER WITH RMMHA AS WELL?
Yes. Some divisions will fill in both A and C and this reserves your athlete's spot should they wish to return prior to the start of evaluations. In order for RMMHA to account for your child in the registration numbers as there are limited roster positions available, and in the event of release from the other program, your child must be registered with RMMHA as well. There is a $50 fee associated with this called a “Provisional Fee”. This is a per athlete fee.
- If your child remains with the other program, the $50 is kept as an administration fee.
- If your child is released back to RMMHA, the $50 will be applied to your registration fees.
- If you have paid this fee in the past, you do not need to pay it again (even if your child is trying out for another elite program this year). Before initiating the registration process in TeamSnap, you will need to contact the Registrar for a UNIQUE code that will remove this $50 from the checkout. Choose the “Provisional Fee Code Request” in the email subject line.
MY CHILD IS TRYING OUT FOR AN ELITE PROGRAM / FEMALE PROGRAM *. DO I NEED TO ADD MY REGISTRATION FEES INTO MY CART?
Yes. The system is set up to require that a registration fee be selected based on the birth year of the athlete. These fees will be waived during the time period that your athlete is trying out for the other program (see below for more info).
MY CHILD IS TRYING OUT FOR AN ELITE PROGRAM / FEMALE PROGRAM *. DO I NEED TO ADD THE 'A' EVALUATIONS FEES TO MY CART?
Yes. Please add them to your cart and they will be waived along with your registration fees with the "fees waived" discount code. See below for instructions.
MY CHILD IS TRYING OUT FOR AN ELITE PROGRAM / FEMALE PROGRAM *. DO I NEED TO PAY THE $150 DEPOSIT / REGISTRATION FEES?
No. Before initiating the registration process on TeamSnap, contact the Registrar for a UNIQUE discount code you will enter per athlete trying out elsewhere. Choose the “Fees waiver code request” in the email subject line. This code will remove your registration fees from your cart and you will only be charged the provisional fee if you haven’t already paid it (see notes above).
❗Codes cannot be used for more than one child as they are set for different amounts.
* Elite/Female programs include:
- Minor/Major U15/18
- Junior A
- Junior B