RMMHA Volunteer Policy
Our members have stepped up in a huge way when it comes to volunteering. Thank you!! All of your time is so appreciated and makes minor hockey possible.
Let's keep it going and make 2021-22 our best season yet!
RMMHA is run by an elected group of volunteers to ensure the activities and operations of the Association move forward as smoothly as possible. In order to achieve this, the membership must also contribute their time and efforts for each season to be successful. Therefore, the following team volunteer policy is in effect:
As of the 2019-2020 season, mandatory volunteer hours for Association events will be assigned to individual teams. It will be the responsibility of each team to ensure all hours and duties assigned by the Association are completed by the families on their team.
To ensure the successful assignment of hours, teams must inform the Volunteer Coordinator of any dates a team is unavailable to volunteer (such as tournament dates). Teams may not schedule an event to conflict with a known assignment of their volunteer hours.
- Association volunteer positions may include, but are not limited to, RMMHA tournaments and special events. Other volunteer opportunities may be determined by the Board from time-to-time.
- Each team is required to populate the RMMHA Volunteer sign-up resource to support their volunteer position.
- For each person that does volunteer, that person will be entered into a draw. Three (3) individual prizes will be awarded. A person can only win one prize.
- For each team that fulfills their respective volunteer hours, that team will be entered into a draw. Three (3) individual team prizes will be awarded.
- Prizes for these draws will be announced at the annual RMMHA Coach/Manager meeting(s) prior to the beginning of the season.
Since this policy is in effect for all teams of the Association, the following positions are not considered to fulfil any of the volunteer requirements for each team:
- Elected members of the Board of Directors
- Team officials, such as coaching staff, safety person or team manager, or any other team-assigned position
Coaches and Managers are strongly encouraged to ensure those families not committing to a Team Official position be the first to sign up for committee positions and volunteer shifts to fulfil your team’s requirements.