Job Posting - General Manager
(Posting closes January 21st)
The Ridge Meadows Minor Hockey Association (RMMHA) in an inclusive not for profit organization committed to organize, develop, and promote minor hockey for the youth of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. RMMHA strives to provide quality leadership at all levels, and to develop the understanding of teamwork and sportsmanship in a fun and safe environment that promotes personal and athletic development and good citizenship.
Join us as a leader with strong values to make a difference in the lives of our youth and community. The General Manager leads the overall business operations for the association. Leverage your leadership skills to engage various internal and external stakeholders in providing a high standard of service and value to our members, built on strong relationships and operational excellence.
- Breadth of leadership and business operations experience
- Post-Secondary education in a related field of study is an asset
- Strong technical skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint along with Google Docs
- Solid understanding of business planning and processes
- Exceptional communication and team building skills
- Shared values of Respect, Integrity, Desire, Pride, & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
- Strategic, clear and confident communicator; given interactions with the executive board team, the broader board of directors along with external stakeholders including athletes, members, coaches, and developers • Brings strong strategic influencing and negotiating skills with an ability to influence at the highest level. • The ability to think strategically; has relevant knowledge with proven success in responding to changing environments and operational needs.
- Experience in initiating, developing and implementing new processes - across a large enterprise with a level of complexity of business operations and stakeholder management.
- Has a demonstrated ability to remain calm and focused when faced with competing issues of importance. What You Will Do:
- Work closely with the RMMHA Board of Directors to meet the goals and objectives of RMMHA and satisfy the RMMHA Constitution, Bylaws and Policies
- Provide leadership in all matters related to RMMHA, while being responsible for the supervision and general conduct of all levels of hockey in the association
- Collaborate with Board Members on the strategic vision of RMMHA
- Manage the financial obligations of RMMHA, including monthly and annual budget updates to the Board
- Review Accounts Payable and Receivable details regularly and be able to include financial data • Develop RMMHA annual operational budget with the assistance of the VP-Administration, Treasurer and President, for presentation and approval at the board level.
- Ensure all employees are qualified and trained for their specific roles
- Provide feedback on staff performance and conduct regular performance reviews, as well as establish performance objectives
- Attend PCAHA, BC Hockey, Hockey Canada and various association meetings and provide information as required
- Work with Ice Coordinator to schedule hockey games, practices on a long-term basis (regular season) and short-term basis (play-offs)
- Ensure volunteers are assigned as needed, supported, trained and recognized for their contributions • Develop and implement volunteer retention strategy and ongoing volunteer succession plan • Collaborate with the Director of Hockey Development on the Hockey Development Plan for Members • Support coordination and management of local hockey tournaments for RMMHA teams and in some cases provincial or national championships
- Correspond professionally with players, parents, coaches and other volunteers to address and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ensure sufficient staffing and clear administrative processes are in place to manage peak activity during the season
- Organize the AGM for RMMHA including presenting a written report of annual activities throughout the association, communication with the membership and preparation of documentation and any presentations on behalf of the Board
- Act as media spokesperson on day to day operational matters and be present for ma jor functions and • Continue to build on existing goodwill of the Association in the Community and Region • The General Manager will chair and sit on various board of director committees
- Attend, along with RMMHA representatives, Annual General Meetings or, where required, Special General Meetings of BC Hockey and PCAHA
- Know and stay current with the Articles or Constitution (as the case may be), Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and Policies of Hockey Canada, BC Hockey, and PCAHA, and RMMHA, and ensure that all programs developed for RMMHA comply with rules and regulations of PCAHA and BC Hockey
- The General Manager will prepare the Gaming grant and will prepare for the Annual Audit • Will oversee the Registration process with RMMHA Registrar: opening registration, dates, payment plans, etc.
- Prepare RMMHA city presentations for subsidies as well as grow engagement for both municipalities (Maple Ridge /Pitt Meadows)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Support from the Board of Directors
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Strong work life balance
RMMHA is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive.
Compensation: $75,000 plus incentive
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org